Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kicked to the Curb

I am guilty of being a slave to stuff. I put too much stock in "things" and sometimes have a hard time throwing things away, for absolutely no good reason at all. This was more than apparent when I received a call last night that someone was coming in the morning to see our house (currently for sale). My first thought was oh my goodness how am I going to clean/declutter/beautify the house in one night. We certainly weren't expecting anyone to come see it. After all, we haven't had any interest in the weeks since we listed the house.

So hubs and I cleaned and cleaned and threw away junk and before we knew it, it was 4am. I am really proud of how much stuff we kicked to the curb (literally) and our home is so much more warm and inviting without all the unnecessary things.

So maybe the people who toured the home this morning will make an offer, and maybe they won't. Either way, I hope we were able to impress them. The search for our dream home continues. We may be relocating in the near future for work, so a lot of things are still up in the air. We will see how it all goes.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)

1 comment:

The Undomestic Mom said...

I love the feeling after decluttering! Hope your house sells soon!