Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1&2

I heard about this challenge through one of my daily reads, Simply Smithwick, and she heard about it from Katie's Journey. I thought "hey why not!" So here I go with day one!

Introduce, post a recent pic, and tell 15 facts about yourself

Ok, I'm guilty. Not so recent (6months) but one of my favorite pics from our wedding.

I'm Aimee. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 6 months now. We had a beautiful outdoor wedding last April and its been a beautiful ride so far. I am a graduate of the University of South Carolina and one of the biggest Gamecock football fans you will ever meet. I have my Bachelor's degree in Psychology but I work with my husband at his restaurant. I am now officially addicted to blogging, and even though I don't post too often, I love reading all of the other great blogs out there. I have two wonderful step-sons, Tanner and Tucker. Hubs and I have 3 dogs: a black lab (Jack) and two miniature dachshunds (Captain and Chloe). That's a little bit about me. Now lets see if I can actually come up with 15 facts about myself that I haven't already said!

1. I LOVE ketchup. Seriously. I can eat it on just about anything.
2. I love baking. Funfetti cake is my favorite, followed by cheesecake.
3. I can balance a spoon, knife, and fork on my nose. At the same time. True story.
4. I played soccer and volleyball in high-school. I was also a cheerleader and I coached a squad my senior year of high school. It was the most fun but challenging thing I've ever done.
5. I was born in Connecticut but consider myself a true southern girl, having lived in South Carolina since I was about 3. There is nowhere else I would want to live (with one exception, see #6).
6. I love New York City. I haven't been too many places, but this one tops the list of favorite places ever. I love everything about it.
7. I went to a private school my whole life until I went to USC, but I was never one of the ones who went wild like many others did.
8. I enjoy a glass of wine in the evenings with my husband. We like to sit on the front porch in our rocking chairs.
9. One of my guilty pleasures is watching any of the Kardashian shows on E. They are so crazy but I can't help be enthralled by their lives.
10. I have two sisters. Both are younger than me by 11 and 8 years.
11. Tomorrow marked 6 months since we got married
12. My husband is 8 years older than me
13. We have football season tickets for the USC Gamecocks and we both love going to the games
14. Fall is my favorite season
15. I would rather be cold than hot (thus my love for fall and winter haha)

And Day 2:
What is the story behind your blog's name?

I guess there really isn't a story. I'm am an Oakes now, and this is my life. Sometimes life can stink, but most of the time it is amazing and I couldn't be more thankful for the opportunity to live my life with Mr. Oakes by my side. Its the story of everyday life, fun events, and whatever else I have on my mind.

6 comments:

Kit said...

Glad to see that you started today as well! I will be playing along and posting my day one this evening! Can't wait to read more about you and your sweet husband!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

So glad that you are participating with all of us, I really think it is going to be so much fun! I am going to post a new linky for each day that way we can all see each other's answers easily!

Aimee said...

We spell our name the sme way. I am actually just finishing up this 30 day journal. It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to getting to know you more through the journal.

I think you need to take a video of you balancing the silverware on your nose. That sounds interesting

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Cute blog! I love finding all these fun new people through the challenge!

Caroline said...

I love the Kardashians! And I thought I was the only person who loved Funfetti cake. Yay!

Lindsey said...

i'm totally with you - i would rather be hot than cold any day! you can always put on more layers! :) can't wait to get to learn more about you in the next 30 days!