Monday, July 12, 2010

Top Two Tuesday: Favorite Summer Recipes

I was so excited about this week's top two. I love summer recipes because of all the great fruits and veggies that are harvested at this time of year.

1. Tomato Sandwich


You will need:
Your favorite sliced bread (texas toast works great!)
Tomato slices-as many as you would like
Mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to taste

This has to be the summer sandwich of the south. Nothing is better than using a fresh tomato from the garden to make my favorite summer time sandwich. Hubs thinks these sandwiches are disgusting- but then again, he doesn't like sweet tea, so what does he know anyway :)
Some don't like tomatoes, but for those who do, try one of these if you haven't before! You may have just found your new favorite sandwich!

2.  Peach Cobbler


Living in South Carolina, we never have a shortage of fresh peaches during the summer. There is no better fruit for making all of your favorite summer baked goods. Check out Paula Deen's recipe here. I've never made Paula's cobbler before, but you can never go wrong with Paula. I can't wait to try it!

Join in the fun here!

Also be sure to check out the Scentsy special that I'm offering for the month of July here!

11 comments:

Tales of a young mamma said...

do you toast the bread or just eat it untoasted? this looks delish and I'm heading to the store so it looks like tomatoes will be on the list!

Lisa said...

Those sound and look so good!!!

Aimee of East Avenue said...

I prefer un-toasted bread, but toasted is good as well :)

Lindsey said...

your sandwich looks delish and so refreshing!
if your hubs thinks that your sandwich is weird - you should try a peanut butter, lettuce and tomato sandwich on white bred (it has to be fresh tomatoes and bread)... it is so gooood!

star said...

Peach cobbler, YUM!

Caroline said...

Peach cobbler is one of my favorites!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Stopping by for Top 2 Tuesday!!! I LOVE PEACH COBBLER!! Mmmm! I am a Florida gal...def a fine southern dessert! I will have to try Paula's recipe <333

Unknown said...

I think I'll be having a tomato sandwich for lunch! Yum-o!

Lindsay said...

Looks delicious :)

Christa said...

I'm a Texas girl so I love tomato sandwiches too!

Alicia Hamaker Oakes said...

Awesome.. but i gotta say... I am a Miracle whip kind of girl... Jealous you guys have tomatoes already ours wont be ready until end of August probably... summer in Utah