Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The First Step

Today, Hubs and I took a very big step. This step was our first big leap towards being debt free. Hubs wasn't so wise in the past (heck, who is?) and as a result, we now have debt that we really want to get rid of. I don't want to sound like I'm an angel financially. I'm the girl who financed her wedding dress, only to discover she actually didn't love it and bought another dress before the old dress was even paid off. True story. And lets not even start with my student loans.

Our getaway car

We knew our first step was to get rid of hubs's baby- his Shelby GT500. I think I actually love this car more than he does, but the monthly payment is too much to handle, especially with the goals we have for our future. So today we looked at and bought another car for hubs so he can sell his Shelby. I'm so proud of him for doing this. Its a big step down from a Shelby to an old truck. I'm happy that he's happy, and he's happy he has a truck to tow his boat. Now we will start the process of selling his car.

We've been talking about starting the process to become debt free and now we are finally able to see progress. Its easy to talk about something, but even harder to put it into action. God has been so good to us. Its been a struggle for the past year or so, but we've never gone without and its awesome how much more God provides for us now that we are being good stewards with all the blessings he has given us.

3 comments:

tina said...

Good luck!! I have an award for you. You can check it out here:

http://tmmurphy1.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-received-award.html

Amber Dawn said...

That is so awesome...that must be such a good feeling! Also, Im so interested in some of the other things you are doing to be debt free??Me and D are in the process of being debt free as well and I am always looking for ideas! :)

Alicia Hamaker Oakes said...

That is great. I am so proud of Brian. Never thought he would want to part with is beautiful car. Thank goodness he has you to keep a level head on his shoulders. you balance him out nicely. Brian is growing up nicely. good for you guys