Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 22

I've missed a few days again. Its been busy around here. We were busy watching the Gamecocks whoop up on Tennessee on Saturday (Go Cocks!)  and then Halloween night was very busy for hub's restaurant. But now the craziness is over for right now at least. My step-sons are here until tomorrow and we are just hanging out and trying to keep them from eating all of their Halloween candy!

But here's day 22: Favorite City

I haven't done as much traveling as I'd like. Most of the places I've seen have been to see family, and I've never left the country, and with the state of things these days, I don't know if I ever will, but there is one place that has my heart and is hands down my favorite city. New York, New York:

My last visit to the Big Apple, in 2008

I love everything about this city. I love the subway, the architecture, the food, the sights and smells. Its one of the only places I know that has a beautiful park in the middle of a bustling city. The people there are not rude like some may say, and I've always been able to find someone to lead me in the right direction or offer suggestions on somewhere cool to visit in the city. Hubs has never been there and I love this city so much that I can't wait until the day we can share in it together. From Little Italy to China town, to Central Park, and Times Square, I would give anything to be able to live there. Its one of those places that you visit and never want to leave.

With my mom and sisters in Central Park

3 comments:

Aimee said...

LOL I love that mascot... Seriously...Gosh ok I have a dirty mind.

Anyway...I so want to visit NY. Thats awesome that you love it so much.hopefully you and the hubs can go soon

Kelly said...

Great pic! I love living in the NY area - it's so much fun!

Lauren said...

AH! I love your blog! And I can't wait until I can visit NYC- it looks amazing! :)