Sunday, December 26, 2010

Unto Us a Child is Born...

Well, our first Christmas as husband and wife is down in the books, and it was extra special this year getting to spend the whole day with my husband and both of our families. And to top off our special day, the southeast was hit with a "snow storm." I say "snow storm" because of course the maybe inch of snow we got doesn't begin to compare to other areas of the country that will be hit with snow in the next few days, but being from the south, it was definitely a storm for us. I think I heard that it has been 50 years since our area has had a white Christmas.

Call me a scrooge, but I would be just fine if it hadn't snowed. I don't exactly like being cooped up inside the house because no one in SC knows how to drive in snow and ice, and I wasn't about to be another bad driver out on the roads. But the snowfall is slowly stopping and its already melting off of the ground, so I hope we will be snow/ice free in a day or so.

Its that time of year again, thinking of New Year's resolutions I might actually be able to stick to. Doesn't like 4 out of 5 resolutions fail by February (I may or may not have just made that statistic up)? I'm trying to think of things that are actually do-able.

Anyone else have trouble sticking with New Year's resolutions? Do you even bother trying them in the first place?

1 comment:

Kerbi said...

Yay for your first married Christmas! I can't seem to stick to many of my New Year's Resolutions so I don't make them anymore!