Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Husband


I am so happy to finally be able to call myself Mrs. Oakes! We had a wonderful time at the wedding but personally I'm glad all of the planning and stress is over with! Week 1 of married life agrees with me very well and I am loving being able to spend all my time with my wonderful husband (I'm still not use to saying that). We honeymooned in Myrtle Beach but decided to come home earlier than we had planned. Waking up to 65 degree rainy, cloudy weather at the beach is no fun, so we called it a day a day early and got headed back home.

Now that we're back home, I'm loving decorating, organizing, and cleaning the place up (ok, maybe not the last part so much) and just making it feel like ours. Already, I'm not exactly sure how my mom kept our house clean all these years. I feel behind already! I'm also very excited to start painting- our house will no longer be filled with blank, white walls! 

Any ideas for redecorating on a budget? Or better yet, are there any volunteer painters out there?? :)

 Stay posted! More pictures from the wedding will be up soon!

No comments: